Old 08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Tom Harris

Default Fertilizing distressed St Augustine

With some help, I have concluded that I seriously goofed by applying
Weed B' Gone to my St Augustine grass. The sections that I sprayed
heavily are in bad shape. In addition to the Weed B' Gone application
in February, I applied Scott's Bonus S Weed/Feed on March 22, 2004.

The resulting lawn quagmire is:

1. some sections greening up very nicely (not too much Weed B' Gone
sprayed there)
2. some sections pretty bare with only some green runners visible -
all of the grass blades fell off.
3. some sections look completely dead.

I was advised to fertilize/water heavily (not with Weed/Feed though)
to see if I can resurrect the lawn, but I am hesitant to add fuel to
the fire. Could anyone else recommend a course of action? Location is
Houston, TX.

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Judy

Tom Harris wrote:
With some help, I have concluded that I seriously goofed by applying
Weed B' Gone to my St Augustine grass. The sections that I sprayed
heavily are in bad shape. In addition to the Weed B' Gone application
in February, I applied Scott's Bonus S Weed/Feed on March 22, 2004.

The resulting lawn quagmire is:

1. some sections greening up very nicely (not too much Weed B' Gone
sprayed there)
2. some sections pretty bare with only some green runners visible -
all of the grass blades fell off.
3. some sections look completely dead.

I was advised to fertilize/water heavily (not with Weed/Feed though)
to see if I can resurrect the lawn, but I am hesitant to add fuel to
the fire. Could anyone else recommend a course of action? Location is
Houston, TX.

Thanks!

Don't apply more than 2 lbs. of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet per year
or you will soon find out what St. Augustine decline is.

[IMG] code is On

Distressed cordylines & flax Sandra Bodycoat Australia 2 15-02-2007 10:08 AM
Distressed Goldfish Bill Oertell Ponds 17 07-12-2004 04:36 AM
Distressed Goldfish Bill Oertell Ponds 0 30-11-2004 05:18 AM
Distressed Goldfish Bill Oertell Ponds 0 30-11-2004 05:18 AM
found abandoned distressed snake plant - help. occupant Gardening 2 14-10-2003 01:12 PM