Old 15-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Mog

Default Jeyes Fluid??

I remember my grandad had a beautiful garden, and always seemed to be using
"Jeyes Fluid". At least once a year EVERYTHING got done (soil as well). How
much should I dilute it to be safe but still effective!
Thank you.
Maria.

Old 15-04-2004, 04:03 PM
J. Del Col

"Mog" wrote in message ...
I remember my grandad had a beautiful garden, and always seemed to be using
"Jeyes Fluid". At least once a year EVERYTHING got done (soil as well). How
much should I dilute it to be safe but still effective!
Thank you.
Maria.

The proper dilution rate is on the package. One Web source suggested
1 ml of Jeyes per 1 Liter of water.

Jeyes is potent stuff and can cause damage if misused. It is
essentially tar derivatives diluted in neutral oil and is a strong
disinfectant.

J. Del Col
Old 15-04-2004, 04:32 PM
J. Del Col

"Mog" wrote in message ...
I remember my grandad had a beautiful garden, and always seemed to be using
"Jeyes Fluid". At least once a year EVERYTHING got done (soil as well). How
much should I dilute it to be safe but still effective!
Thank you.
Maria.

Look at www.mphs.org.uk It has dilution rates for Jeyes under
the category "sterilisers."

There are different rates for different purposes.

J. Del Col
Old 20-04-2004, 05:02 AM
mmarteen

This is a little OT but Jeyes fluid figures in the most recent PD James
novel, The Murder Room. One of the characters is out in the potting shed
disenfecting pots and Dalgliesh, the detective is sent into a reverie from
the smell about how he helped the family gardener disinfect pots when he was
a boy. Must be strong stuff. I use a 10 percent bleach solution myself.

mm

"Janice" wrote in message
On 15 Apr 2004 07:47:23 -0700, (J. Del Col)
wrote:

"Mog" wrote in message

I remember my grandad had a beautiful garden, and always seemed to be

using
"Jeyes Fluid". At least once a year EVERYTHING got done (soil as

well). How
much should I dilute it to be safe but still effective!
Thank you.
Maria.

The proper dilution rate is on the package. One Web source suggested
1 ml of Jeyes per 1 Liter of water.

Jeyes is potent stuff and can cause damage if misused. It is
essentially tar derivatives diluted in neutral oil and is a strong
disinfectant.

J. Del Col

tar derivatives?!! Sounds like Dandruff shampoo ;-)

Must be a UK product? Never hoid of it.. or anything like it.

Janice

[IMG] code is On

Jeyes Fluid harry United Kingdom 33 13-01-2012 09:45 AM
Jeyes Fluid for Water Feature? Trevor Tyrrell United Kingdom 10 06-03-2011 06:58 AM
Jeyes Fluid in Lidl David WE Roberts[_2_] United Kingdom 7 05-11-2010 12:15 PM
Jeyes Fluid as weedkiller near wood? Eddy Bentley United Kingdom 17 08-08-2007 06:57 PM
Jeyes Fluid - Good to poison your soil George.com Gardening 0 27-09-2006 05:22 PM