Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Scott B.

Default Lawn and mowing questions...

I am closing on my first house in just under a month and had a few
questions. The lawn will be seeded soon if it isn't already. What
steps should I take to ensure I end up with a good full lawn? I have
never cared for a new, seeded, lawn before so any advice is
appreciated. I will also need to purchase a mower. Our lot size is
slightly less than 1/2 acre. I was leaning toward a reel mower but my
wife is not convinced that a gas mower isn't a good choice. Let me
know what the pros-cons of reel vs gas are. I have looked at the
Brill Luxus 38 but am a little concerned about the 1.8" cutting
height. I learned from my dad and he always kept the grass
significantly higher (gas mower). Any links or advice that will help
me get a great lawn would be appreciated.
Thanks,
SAB