Old 20-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Mike Gilmore

Default Sparrows!

Love the little things and would not do a thing to harm them in any way.
But all of a sudden they have taken a fancy to dead-heading the primroses.
Only the yellow flowers are affected and the poor birds are no longer "our
sparrows" but "YOUR sparrows".
First, has any gardener come across this sparrow thing in their garden?
Second, do other gardener's have this problem where ownership of something
is abruptly transferred to them, however innocous, by their better halves?

Regards
Mike Gilmore
WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England,
USDA Zone9a

Old 20-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Brian

I have always had this problem and as you say only with the P.vulgaris. They
were not eating the petals but just amusing themselves.
Sadly, now that we have resident Buzzards, we have primroses but no
sparrows or other birds.
Best Wishes Brian Cornwall
"Mike Gilmore" wrote in
message ...