Old 27-04-2004, 02:02 PM
pixi

Default Mock Orange

Bought a mock orange yesterday. Philadelphus Virginialis.
I picked up the wrong shrub as I already have a number of mock oranges.
However....

The tag on the new mock orange says for size: 3 G.

Does anyone know what that means?? I am used to feet and inches. Thanx.

Old 27-04-2004, 08:03 PM
pixi

Wish they would have said how big the shrub was going to be. Will suppose
it's going to be about 6' x 6' according to one source.

Thanks for the post.

Old 27-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Brian

Philadelphus 'Virginal' grows to 9 or 10' and 6-8' wide. It has lovely,
widely expanding, double white flowers.
Best Wishesl.

Old 28-04-2004, 06:02 AM
B & J

"Brian" wrote in message
Philadelphus 'Virginal' grows to 9 or 10' and 6-8' wide. It has lovely,
widely expanding, double white flowers.
Best Wishesl

Philadelphus x virginalis 'snowbelle' is a semi-dwarf that only grows
between 3' to 5'. I have a two year old plant in my yard that is about 2'
and is loaded with double white flowers with an incredible fragrance. Yes,
Mad, you'll get one if I can manage to start a cutting. G

John