Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 AM
Mike Prager

Default Source for Viburnum rufidulum

IntarsiaCo wrote:

www.arborvillagellc.com

Thanks!

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 AM
Mike Prager

Suja wrote:

Here is what I was able to find, but I haven't done business with them
myself, and don't know how reputable they a

Thanks! Very helpful!

May I ask how you found them? I tried Google and a few other
techniques myself, with no luck.

Old 04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Suja

Mike Prager wrote:
May I ask how you found them? I tried Google and a few other
techniques myself, with no luck.

Just Google. I think I use Viburnum rifidulum and nursery to come up
with the first list and added the token 'NC' to come up with the PDF
document.

Suja

Old 04-05-2004, 11:06 PM
J Kolenovsky

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...numrufidulum.=
htm

Mike Prager wrote:

I'd like to add one or more specimens of Viburnum rufidulum
(southern blackhaw) to our landscape. Can't find it locally.
Can anyone recommend a source?

=

Mike

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the Ho=
uston
Chronicle Lazy Gardener as 1 of 7 best gardening websites in Houston.
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 04-05-2004, 11:06 PM
J Kolenovsky

That's a problem with common names.

Mike Prager wrote:
=

madgardener wrote:
=

look under "Nanny-berry" g

=

Thx for the reply. However, "nannyberry" to me is V. lentago,
a more northern species. An attractive one to be sure (from
the pictures I've seen), but not well suited to our area
because of excessive heat and humidity here and the plant's
susceptibility to mildew.
=

Old 05-05-2004, 12:02 AM
J Kolenovsky

They just e-mailed me this:

We're out of the plant you're requesting. We've been growing the
cultivar, Royal Guard and it's not been that easy to propagate. Our
sales are only in pots and we don't sell flats. Good luck in your
search.
Susie Rawdon
Arborvillage

IntarsiaCo wrote:
=

www.arborvillagellc.com

-- =

Old 05-05-2004, 01:05 AM
David J Bockman

The following WHOLESALE growers list Viburnum rufidulum as in their stock.
You could call and ask to which retail nurseries (if any) in your area they
have sold this plant:

Tennessee Wholesale Nursery - Altamont, TN
931-692-4252 -

Duncan Nursery and Seed Co - Newburgh, IN
812-449-4975 or 812-853-2053 -

D & T Wholesale Nursery - Altamont, TN
866.526.4527 toll free -

Doremus Wholesale Nursery - Warren, TX
(409)547-3536 -

Tawakoni Plant Farm Ltd. - Wills Point, TX
USA 800 880-6728 -

Dave

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...mrufidulum.htm

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business. Quoted by the Houston

Old 05-05-2004, 02:04 PM
escapee

John, do you still need frogfruit? I totally forgot about you needing it.

Victoria

On Tue, 04 May 2004 18:09:35 -0500, J Kolenovsky opined:

Mike, any luck locating any?

JK