Old 12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Julie Rothwell

Default Use of the term "clon" in horticulture(ITS CLONING)

CLONING 101

the term is clone it means to take a cutting of a grow shoot with a couple
leaves and about 3-5 nodes(nodes are where new leaves or branches grow from
main shoot.. you can clone very easily if you have a cloning gel such as
Wilson's or woods.. it can be powder to but the gel works the best as it
stays on and cant be over applied.. you must cut(razor blade sterile and cut
on a diagonal) the clone to be about 5-7 inch and then immediately place in
water or in cloning gel(stay dipped in gel for a few seconds) then plant in
a tray in what ever medium you use , premium pro-mix BX is the best, YOU can
used perlite vermiculite or jiffy pellets too.. just make sure medium is on
the wet side and there is a dome over the cutting(clones) until they show
roots . mist daily and make sure you keep the lid on under 24hour
fluorescent lights. not much intensity is need for light (2x48" hanging
florescent bulbs and tray, Canadian tire, wired complete for $13.99) but
24 hours works great the best 18 is the min though to stay in vegetative
state. make sure the humidity is as high as possible 100% is ideal.. takes
them 10-15 days before there is lots of roots.. you can use a seaweed spray
or a b1 type nutrients but if you used nutrients make sure its at least 80%
weaker than normal and use a higher phosphorus formula and lower nitrogen as
this boosts root development... after you see your roots you can start to
slowly remove the domes for a test period of 10-20mins..then an hour ..then
over half a day .. after they hold up and don't go limp they are ready to
plan.. this last process is called the Hardening off stage.. making it stand
up to regular climate.. you must used a no wilt or anti-damping of solution
in you initial soaking of the medium and in the spray bottle you will use
for the misting.. good luck

mon chichi

Old 12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Mon Chi Chi

wow I didn't realize that there are so many replies...next time I must see
if there really is some one that need help before replying instead of being
the 153rd person to get to the church that was on fire.. I guess I am not
much help at this time

Old 12-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Salty Thumb

"Mon Chi Chi" wrote in
:

wow I didn't realize that there are so many replies...next time I must
see if there really is some one that need help before replying instead
of being the 153rd person to get to the church that was on fire.. I
guess I am not much help at this time

Next week's church newsletter headline:

Julie McC Caught Advocating Cloning As Chapel Burned

elsewhe
Missing "E" found, reunited with "CL" and "ON". French blamed for
incident.

[from rec.gardens]
Old 12-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Mon Chi Chi

hey saltydog your newsletter was funny.great to see a little funny in this
group instead of this "he said she said" and "your the idiot for thinking
that an isosolis triangles can be hipotinosed by the juxtipos of radial
circomnavigated bi-hexis millileligraphical setitaf while falicly
fubulating a pondextopedic morpagrthialexic hmm-bop, silly cant you se how
simple it really is..
"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
"Mon Chi Chi" wrote in
: