Old 31-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Bonnie

Default Holly infested -HELP!

BlankI have princess and prince holly bushes and was pruning them today and found scale on them! I didn't know scale liked holly. Is there any systemic type stuff I can use to put in the ground so I wouldn't have to spray them?
Bonnie

Attached Files
File Type: (145 Bytes, 60 views)
Old 31-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Mike LaMana

BlankIf you get it at the right time you can control the crawlers with oil, soap, etc. Possibly Neem depending on the type of scale.

Harder materials would be imidacloprid, orthene, Cygon, Dursban...not sure what is legal where you are.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Bonnie" wrote in message ...
I have princess and prince holly bushes and was pruning them today and found scale on them! I didn't know scale liked holly. Is there any systemic type stuff I can use to put in the ground so I wouldn't have to spray them?
Bonnie

Attached Files
File Type: (145 Bytes, 57 views)
Old 31-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Bonnie

BlankThanks, I've heard and seen some of those in garden supply places, I'll check!

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in message news If you get it at the right time you can control the crawlers with oil, soap, etc. Possibly Neem depending on the type of scale.

"Bonnie" wrote in message ...
I have princess and prince holly bushes and was pruning them today and found scale on them! I didn't know scale liked holly. Is there any systemic type stuff I can use to put in the ground so I wouldn't have to spray them?
Bonnie

Attached Files
File Type: (145 Bytes, 66 views)