Old 09-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Ignoramus25707

Default compost quantity

Do they collect "yard waste" from your neighborhood? You could go
around and steal/take a few "yard waste" bags with lawn clippings and
such, it is completely legal and free.

In article , Jet Dove wrote:
I have a small compost pile into which I pile garden cuttings, leaves
and other vegetative waste material and a little manure from my few
pigeons and hens. I end up with a nice little pile of compost each
year but not nearly enough. I would like to buy ingredients to produce
a much larger quantity of compost. I am considering buying a few
bales of alfalfa and bags of steer or chicken manure for this
purpose. I'm concerned that manure might contain a few unsavory
ingredients(hormones,insecticides, etc.) Would appreciate any ideas
regarding this or other possible easily acquired but uncontaminated
material -Jet

Old 09-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Bob

Or better, just ask your neighbors, and pick up from the ones
that don't use undesirable chemicals.

Bob

"Ignoramus25707" wrote in
message ...