Old 22-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Jutta Haas

Default Blue Hydrangea?

thanks for the tip, I'll try it - the blooms are forming already, so it
might be too late. Is there acid in the coffee grounds?

"Paulo" wrote in message
.. .
I Guess still ok. Mixi it with the soil around the plant

--
Paulo
"Amy D" wrote in message

Paulo wrote:

The used coffee grains are a good way to make the soil more acid. I

think
you can put it around the plant.

Does it have to be filtered? What about the sludge from the bottom of a
French Press coffee pot?

amy

Old 22-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Vox Humana

"Fred" wrote in message

I thought it was funny... of course I don't belong to the politically
correct - watch what you say - can't chance hurting someones feelings
crowd that so dominates American culture today.

Keep up the 'dry' humor!

What's funny about suffering? In addition, I think that playing the
"politically correct" card is a dishonest way to excuse stupidity and
rudeness. I must be a lot older than you. When I was young, being
considerate of others was called "manners" or "politeness." Apparently now
being considerate is a sign of weakness. Ironically, I think that there is
a large portion of the population who practice their own form of political
correctness, but PC means being rude. It is a way of conforming to the
norms of your social circle -- but it is still PC but dark and mean.

Old 22-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Paulo

It is acid. I heard you can add now when the flowers are forming....and
slowly will change the colours.

Keep us inform of the results.

What kind of Hydrangea u have?

--
Paulo
"Jutta Haas" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
thanks for the tip, I'll try it - the blooms are forming already, so it
might be too late. Is there acid in the coffee grounds?

.. .

Old 22-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Hal

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:36:11 GMT, "Jutta Haas"
wrote:

I sure don't like it either. Where do you buy aluminum sulfate? Could I not
put a (Canadian) coin in the pot???

I don't understand the (Canadian) coin question, but aluminum sulfate
it available at most garden centers with the fertilizers.

Regards,

Hal
Old 22-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Hal

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:39:19 -0400, "Paulo" wrote:

I Guess still ok. Mixi it with the soil around the plant

Not a good idea to mix plant matter, that has not been composted,
into the soil since the decaying process can leach the nitrogen away
from the plant. Lay it on top and let it age there.

Regards,

Hal

Old 23-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Fred

35 and very polite and considerate... I don't curse and I respect my
elders... I don't think I am 'weak' for it.

I just lost my 16 year old cat and I cried like a baby...

You may just take things far too personnally...

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:01:12 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

.. .

Old 23-06-2004, 06:03 AM

Yes, I concur. One of my dogs is in the emergency hospital now on IVs and
feeding tubes, unable to stand, and we don't know why. I have spent most of
the last few days at the vet's office and across town at the animal
hospital.

delurk I'm terribly sorry about your dog == I truly hope he is on
the mend; it's awful when you just don't know what is up. I've always
enjoyed your thoughtful responses.
/delurk
Old 23-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message

Yes, I concur. One of my dogs is in the emergency hospital now on IVs

and
feeding tubes, unable to stand, and we don't know why. I have spent most

of
the last few days at the vet's office and across town at the animal
hospital.

delurk I'm terribly sorry about your dog == I truly hope he is on
the mend; it's awful when you just don't know what is up. I've always
enjoyed your thoughtful responses.
/delurk

Thanks for your thoughts. It was very grim over the weekend. Things
started to turn the corner on Monday. She has regained the use of her front
limbs and has some use of her rear limbs. Her neurological status has
improved and her blood glucose has returned to normal. A lot of tests run
over the weekend could not be sent out for evaluation until Monday, and more
were run yesterday. We should have some results today. It is a case where
there is no good pattern that ties together all the symptoms and test
results. I think she will recover, although if I had taken the vet's
recommendation on Friday, she would have been euthanized. We may never know
what caused the problem. It looks like a total recovery may take some time,
barring any relapse.

Old 24-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Jutta Haas

best wishes for you and your pooch!

And thanks for all the posts about my hydrangea. That thing might never
bloom with all the rain we're having.

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
news

Old 24-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Jutta Haas

best wishes for you and your pooch!

And thanks for all the posts about my hydrangea. That thing might never
bloom with all the rain we're having.

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
news

wrote in message

[...]

[IMG] code is On

Blue dwarf hydrangea Jim Scott United Kingdom 4 17-02-2006 01:46 PM
Hydrangea mop head blue Rich United Kingdom 4 07-11-2003 01:23 AM
Blue Hydrangea binkx United Kingdom 1 17-08-2003 04:22 PM
Ensuring a Blue Hydrangea Fleemo Gardening 0 29-05-2003 09:08 AM
Hydrangea petiolaris/Climbing Hydrangea pelirojaroja Gardening 2 21-04-2003 03:08 AM