Old 11-07-2004, 05:04 PM
KD

Default Peonies

Hi all, new gardner here, in Atlantic Canada.

Being sort of against the idea of spending lots of money on annuals that
just die at the end of the year, I'm thinking of planting some perrenial
shrubs and such.

Peonies are just beautiful, I love the large flowers. Are they difficult to
care for? Would it be too late in the year to plant some now?

Thanks!

KD

Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Vox Humana

"KD" wrote in message
Hi all, new gardner here, in Atlantic Canada.

Being sort of against the idea of spending lots of money on annuals that
just die at the end of the year, I'm thinking of planting some perrenial
shrubs and such.

Peonies are just beautiful, I love the large flowers. Are they difficult

care for? Would it be too late in the year to plant some now?

Thanks!

Here is a link to some good, basic information on peonies:
http://www.songsparrow.com/2004/plantinfopeonies.cfm

Old 12-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Karen

"KD" wrote in message ...
Hi all, new gardner here, in Atlantic Canada.

Being sort of against the idea of spending lots of money on annuals that
just die at the end of the year, I'm thinking of planting some perrenial
shrubs and such.

Peonies are just beautiful, I love the large flowers. Are they difficult to
care for? Would it be too late in the year to plant some now?

They're very easy to grow. You just need patience. Peonies usually
doesn't flower the first year you plant it.

It's not too late if you plant a peony in container.

Regards

[IMG] code is On

Planting tree peonies - where is the grafting point!?! Pelvis Popcan Gardening 1 10-10-2003 11:32 PM
peonies question FireBrick Lawns 2 27-06-2003 09:56 PM
Question about Peonies FireBrick Gardening 2 23-06-2003 08:20 PM
Help! There's something wrong with my Peonies!! BillC Gardening 4 27-05-2003 01:20 AM
will trade native orange daylilies for peonies? (Transplants from Zone 7) Tracy McDaniel Gardening 0 07-05-2003 03:20 PM