Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2004, 03:02 PM
fred

Default jasmine tree: how hardy

my wife saw a jasmine tree at a local supermarket. I have been trying to
tell her that it wasn't a good idea, since we live in St Louis
(zone = 6b I believe).
However, she keeps seeing the tree (which presumably should tell her that
it is not a good idea, since it doesn't seem to sell) and bringing up
the subject.

I did some research and couldn't find much data. How large does it
grow ? How hardy exactly-that is, which temperature would kill it?
Would it work to put it in a pot so we can put it in the house
during winter ? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.