Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Alan Horowitz

Default need hose that screws into standard faucet

I need a hose which has an end setup for sourcing from a standard
threaded household faucet. In days of yonder, I've seen them sold as
houseplant accessories.

I need to buy by postal mail order, if at all possible.....
Old 07-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Warren

Alan Horowitz wrote:
I need a hose which has an end setup for sourcing from a standard
threaded household faucet. In days of yonder, I've seen them sold as
houseplant accessories.

I need to buy by postal mail order, if at all possible.....

Not a hose, but an adapter that'll let you connect any hose to a sink
faucet....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...e-20/ref=nosim

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for the Pacific Northwest gardener:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgarden/index.html

Old 07-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Michael Lyons

There are, in fact, a few different threads on sink faucets. A water bed
fill kit usually comes with plastic adapters that will do the trick with
most faucets.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:46 AM
chaz

"Alan Horowitz" wrote in message
om...
I need a hose which has an end setup for sourcing from a standard
threaded household faucet. In days of yonder, I've seen them sold as
houseplant accessories.

I need to buy by postal mail order, if at all possible.....

Look for an aquarium fill kit.

Old 08-08-2004, 09:38 PM
charles ufford

Alan Horowitz wrote:
I need a hose which has an end setup for sourcing from a standard
threaded household faucet. In days of yonder, I've seen them sold as
houseplant accessories.

I need to buy by postal mail order, if at all possible.....

Hello,
One way you can get these is from a place that sells waterbed filling attachments, or
at your standard home depot type store
charles

Old 09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Allview

I'll add one more to those good suggestions. Look at camping supply stores. I
think its called a "water thief" because in camp grounds they have spigots that
are meant for getting water by the bucket, not with a hose.

Marilyn in Ohio
Old 09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Gloria Lenon

Most hardware stores carry a converter for the faucet to connect to a hose.
A lot depends on whether or not your faucet has threads in or on it. I've
done this previously to water my balcony plants. Now I use it to wash the
car.

--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure