Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Nudest

Default Diseased Norway Maple?

Hello all,

I have a 60-year-old Norway Maple in front of my house. It was planted
by and is still owned by the City of Toronto. For the first time I
have noticed large yellow blotches on almost all the leaves. Is this
indicative of a disease?

The only thing different about this summer is that it has been wetter
and cooler than usual.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Denny

Images at

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/NorwayMaple.jpg

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/MapleLeaf.jpg
Old 07-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Paulo

Hi Denny, I am in Toronto and I live in dtwn. TOday walking along Front St I
noticed the same yelowish patches in the street maples....I am also
wondering whats that.....fungus?

--
Paulo
om...

Old 08-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Mike LaMana

In NY area yellow spots appearing in Norway maple trees are a common site in
the urban forest. These are usually associated with a tar-spot (fungal)
disease that is merely cosmetic.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC