Old 24-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Marlinmike

Default Irrigation Controller

I have a system with eight zones - 5 lawn zones and 3 drip zones. I have a
"typical" three (A,B,C) program controller with a rain sensor connection.
The problem is that I don't want the rain sensor to override all 8 zones
because the drips water things that don't get rained on.
1. I thought I saw a four program controller whereby the rain sensor
overrides programs A, B & C only and doesn't effect program D but now when I
want it I can't find it. Anyone see something like this?
2. Is there a different way to skin the cat? Like put in another
controller that would just handle the drips with no rain sensor on it and
run a jumper "common" from controller to controller. The system was wired
with two multiwire cables that use a common ground wire in each cable and
there are lawn and drip zones mixed within each cable.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 24-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Vox Humana

"Marlinmike" wrote in message
I have a system with eight zones - 5 lawn zones and 3 drip zones. I have

"typical" three (A,B,C) program controller with a rain sensor connection.
The problem is that I don't want the rain sensor to override all 8 zones
because the drips water things that don't get rained on.
1. I thought I saw a four program controller whereby the rain sensor
overrides programs A, B & C only and doesn't effect program D but now when

want it I can't find it. Anyone see something like this?
2. Is there a different way to skin the cat? Like put in another
controller that would just handle the drips with no rain sensor on it and
run a jumper "common" from controller to controller. The system was wired
with two multiwire cables that use a common ground wire in each cable and
there are lawn and drip zones mixed within each cable.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

IF there is a spare wire in each cable, you could use is as a second common
that bypasses the rain sensor and connect it to the drip zone valves. This
assumes that your rain sensor, interrupts the common.