Old 30-09-2004, 12:42 AM
StanB

"escapee" wrote in message
http://www.animaux.net/squirrel/

This is directly under the bird feeder, and only sunflower seeds are in
the
feeders. We do have squirrels who are on the feeders constantly and we
don't
chase them out. Is this squirrel feces? Gauge the size based on the
black oil
sunflower seeds.

Have you Tried smoking it?

Old 30-09-2004, 01:32 PM
escapee

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:03:24 -0700, "Anonny Moose"
opined:

You are mistaken about bird digestive physiology. Birds do have intestines.
The cloaca is a multi-purpose structure at the end of the intestinal tract.
Anyway, the ground dwelling birds of the family Phasianidae eat a fibrous
diet including seeds and nuts, and their droppings look very much like those
in the photos. The Phasianidae family includes grouse, ptarmigan, bobwhite,
quail, chukar, partridge, pheasant and wild turkey.
Check these photos of grouse and ptarmigan scat....
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/scat.htm
Another photo of grouse scat ...
http://www.ontariowildflower.com/wil...cat.htm#grouse

Squirrel and rabbit droppings are rounder and more pellet-like.

What we have does look a lot like grouse scat. We definitely have an opossum at
night. It's a rather large one and we believe it lives on one of our brush
piles. However, I doubt this is the scat of an opossum. I am going to set up a
video camera today. This is baffling to me!

Victoria

Old 30-09-2004, 01:33 PM
escapee

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:42:46 -0400, "StanB" opined:

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.animaux.net/squirrel/

This is directly under the bird feeder, and only sunflower seeds are in
the
feeders. We do have squirrels who are on the feeders constantly and we
don't
chase them out. Is this squirrel feces? Gauge the size based on the
black oil
sunflower seeds.

Have you Tried smoking it?

Yes, I smoked it all in a Tibetan ceremony. I got nothing.