Old 30-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Mark Simon

Default Surprise with my Asian Jasmine

BlankAll, Been reading this newsgroup for a few years but this is my first post. I built a berm in my back yard (screening project) and planted some wax myrtles and Asian jasmine. Seems I got an extra plant specimen along with the Asian jasmine. In about 6 weeks it's gone from a small vine to this. Covers about 35 to 40 sq ft. I'm in North Texas (NE of Dallas). It looks pretty good from a distance, but up close it looks really leggy. It does have small pinkish white blooms in the morning that seem to close up a little in the evenings. What is it? Should I clean it out before it becomes a problem. At the current rate of growth I'm afraid in a few years it will have climbed and covered my wax myrtles.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mdsimon64

--
Remove the splinter to reply

GIF89a-\0-\0\0,\0\0\0\0-\0-\0@p nZ'6)H"bʶ*rlβgxy Ch^|
xBi$ibW?Un9{khVƏ_wmY%5 HrS8Q\0\0;
Old 01-10-2004, 10:43 AM
gregpresley

BlankJudging by the shape of the leaves, etc, I'm guessing it's either some
type of morning glory, or, even worse, its relative, bindweed (convolaria).
At the current rate of growth, it will engulf your house in a few
years....lol
Seriously, a difficult plant to eradicate. It's even possible that the
seeds were in the dirt that you used to make the berm and the disturbance
allowed them to germinate. If it is bindweed, you need to pull it all up
now, memorize the look of the leaves, and pull them up every time you see
them.
"Mark Simon" wrote in message
All, Been reading this newsgroup for a few years but this is my first post.
I built a berm in my back yard (screening project) and planted some wax
myrtles and Asian jasmine. Seems I got an extra plant specimen along with
the Asian jasmine. In about 6 weeks it's gone from a small vine to this.
Covers about 35 to 40 sq ft. I'm in North Texas (NE of Dallas). It looks
pretty good from a distance, but up close it looks really leggy. It does
have small pinkish white blooms in the morning that seem to close up a
little in the evenings. What is it? Should I clean it out before it
becomes a problem. At the current rate of growth I'm afraid in a few years
it will have climbed and covered my wax myrtles.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mdsimon64

--
Remove the splinter to reply

[IMG] code is On

clearing weeds in new bed of asian jasmine cc Texas 2 22-06-2007 10:01 PM
How to kill Asian Jasmine Bruce Gardening 3 30-07-2004 06:25 AM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM