Old 15-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Dan

Default Need help with Bay Leaf info

Hi!

I am the proud keeper of a 5 ft tall sweet bay (laurus nobilis). It
was obtained five years ago at 4 inches tall, and to say it's
prospered is an understatement. The lemon/veneer smell of the leaves
is amazing, but the entire plant is kept in an 18" pot and brought in
over winter.

However, I was upset to notice the bay leaves in the kitchen have a
completely different odor from the tree. The leaves are also a
different shape at the tip, curling inward and making two
half-circles instead of ending at a sharp tip. Is this a different
form of bay? Could it be turkish bay?

Thanks very much,
Dan
nw NJ

Old 15-11-2004, 03:22 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Dan in :

Hi!

I am the proud keeper of a 5 ft tall sweet bay (laurus nobilis). It
was obtained five years ago at 4 inches tall, and to say it's
prospered is an understatement. The lemon/veneer smell of the leaves
is amazing, but the entire plant is kept in an 18" pot and brought in
over winter.

However, I was upset to notice the bay leaves in the kitchen have a
completely different odor from the tree. The leaves are also a
different shape at the tip, curling inward

hmmm

and making two
half-circles

difficult to imagine a leaf like that.

instead of ending at a sharp tip.

Is this a different
form of bay? Could it be turkish bay?

maybe
http://images.google.com/images?q=um...r=&sa=N&tab=wi

Thanks very much,
Dan
nw NJ

[IMG] code is On

Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
Bay leaf tree question Gardening 3 28-02-2005 05:48 PM
upgrading a swimming hole in a creek I need need info mark delaporte Ponds 8 17-07-2003 09:22 PM
upgrading a swimming hole in a creek I need need info mark delaporte Ponds 0 17-07-2003 04:28 PM
bay leaf plant help! Sal Bartel Edible Gardening 0 13-04-2003 12:32 PM