Old 22-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Patrick

Default When's The Best Time To Plant Sod In Zone 8?

When's the best time to plant Centipede grass in the Florida Panhandle
(Zone 8)? Is it okay to plant between now and the first of February?
I'd like to do the job while the weather is cooler. Or should I wait
until things start to green up in the spring?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Patrick
Old 26-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
When's the best time to plant Centipede grass in the Florida Panhandle
(Zone 8)? Is it okay to plant between now and the first of February?
I'd like to do the job while the weather is cooler. Or should I wait
until things start to green up in the spring?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Fall is the best time to plant a lawn, but it's rather late for us here in zone 7 where I am. I would suggest you contact your local extension service to see what they suggest in your zone considering it's the end of November.

http://extension.ifas.ufl.edu/

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.