Old 27-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Romy Beeck

Default How do you keep poinsettias alive after christmas

I live in wisconsin so i can't put it outside in the winter. Most people i
talk to say most poinsettias die after christmas. So can anyone tell me how
to keep it alive. THANK YOU

Old 27-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Cereus-validus...

Don't forget to water them.

Poinsettias don't die with regular house plant care.

They typically drop the showy bracts after flowering but the bracts are more
persistent for the newer cultivars.

Do a Google search and you will find many websites with info on Poinsettia
care.

Old 27-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Warren

Romy Beeck wrote:
I live in wisconsin so i can't put it outside in the winter. Most
people i talk to say most poinsettias die after christmas. So can
anyone tell me how to keep it alive. THANK YOU

Paul James just covered this on today's first showing of Gardening by
the Yard. Here's the link to the segment:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_containe...382006,00.html

Frankly, it sounded like far more trouble than it's worth.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
See My Christmas Lights: