Old 24-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Jim Carlock

Default Is this a carrot plant?

I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September).

For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT
look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an
eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt,
that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt.

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...t/carr4143.jpg

The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out
of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday.

Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get
what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to newsgroup.

Old 25-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Lar

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:11:41 GMT, "Jim Carlock"
wrote:

I thought these were carrots that I planted (in September).

For some reason, I pulled one up and the roots did NOT
look like a carrot. They were stringy and white, maybe an
eighth (1/8th) of an inch thick at most. The cube of dirt,
that came out when I pulled, was maybe 9 cu. in. of dirt.

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...t/carr4143.jpg

The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out
of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday.

Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get
what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!

Not a carrot plant...maybe a type of lettuce?
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senio...rrotplant2.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv

Old 25-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Hemmaholic

What you have is a common dandilion! The seed no doubt blew in on the
breeze and planted itself in your carrot patch. You'll know for
certain when it blooms.

Hemma

Old 27-12-2004, 02:24 PM
enigma

"Jim Carlock" wrote in
:

http://www.microcosmotalk.com/images...arrot/carr4143.
jpg

The leaves are a good 7 or 8 inches high, I moved it out
of the container and planted it in some sand, yesterday.

Right now I'm totally confused, because I didn't get
what I expected. Maybe it's another seed? Thanks!

that's a red leaf (prossibly red oak leaf) lettuce. it is not
a carrot, nor is it a dandelion.
lee