Old 29-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Me

Default overwater after fertilizing ?

I fertilized my fescue lawn, just as it began to rain Monday. So far, it has
rained 12 inches in the last two days in my area.

Would the chemicals have sunk too far into the ground, or will it work ?

I'm in the foothills of LA.

Old 29-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Stephen Henning

In article , "Me" wrote:

I fertilized my fescue lawn, just as it began to rain Monday. So far, it has
rained 12 inches in the last two days in my area.

Would the chemicals have sunk too far into the ground, or will it work ?

The fertilizer is probably in somebody's drinking water by now. In
other words, it either went into the soil if you have good percolation,
or it went down the road if you don't. 12 inches is very extreme.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
Old 29-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Me

I don't believe it went down the road by the design of the house. However, I
wasn't sure if it went too deep into the soil from the amount of water.

Old 30-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Warren

Me wrote:
I don't believe it went down the road by the design of the house.
However, I wasn't sure if it went too deep into the soil from the
amount of water.

If you had 12" of rain in two days, and it didn't run-off someplace,
then you live on sand. Not sandy soil. Sand. No other ground type could
absorb that much water in such a short period of time. Whether that
run-off was to the "road" or some other drainage path isn't the point.
The point is that most of what you put down has run-off. It didn't go
"too deep into the soil".

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Spend your Amazon Gift Certificates at my site:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/

Old 30-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Phisherman

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:04:26 -0800, "Me" wrote:

I fertilized my fescue lawn, just as it began to rain Monday. So far, it has
rained 12 inches in the last two days in my area.

Would the chemicals have sunk too far into the ground, or will it work ?

I'm in the foothills of LA.

That's a lot of rain. How much washed away will depend on many
factors. If your lawn greens up in a week, you'll know it's working.