Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Ablang

Default The lawn has turned all brown (yellow)!

I noticed that during this winter, that my lawn has almost completely
turned all brown (yellow), as well as that of most of my neighbors.
Some of them still have green lawns though.

Does this mean that my lawn is officially dead, or is it
"hibernating"? If it is the latter, does it still need to be watered
every other day during the cold winter months (when it never gets
above 60 degrees)?

===
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. Remember, a statue
has never been set up in honor of a critic."
-- Jean Sibelius
Old 04-01-2005, 02:21 AM

All of this really depends upon where you are.
In the northeast lawns of zoysia grass turn golden brown pretty early
and stay that way until spring.

Old 04-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Phisherman

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:39:32 -0800, Ablang
wrote:

I noticed that during this winter, that my lawn has almost completely
turned all brown (yellow), as well as that of most of my neighbors.
Some of them still have green lawns though.

Does this mean that my lawn is officially dead, or is it
"hibernating"? If it is the latter, does it still need to be watered
every other day during the cold winter months (when it never gets
above 60 degrees)?

===
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. Remember, a statue
has never been set up in honor of a critic."
-- Jean Sibelius

Probably the grass that "yellows" in winter is seasonal grass. I
have several neighbors that have yellow or brown patches that turn
green during the spring. No need to water this grass. I overseed each
year with fescue and my lawns stay green all year, with the exception
of an occasional summer draught.