Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Ellen

Default Sterile Seed Q

Last year I bought Burpee Seeds (flower) from Wal-Mart. When I went to
plant them, I noticed they had been packaged in France. A month or so
later, beautiful foliage, but not one bud or flower.

I managed to find some more seeds on the shelves (Martha Stewart), also
packaged in France. These did produce some puny blooms toward the end of
the season.

How do I avoid having this happen? I am in Northern Michigan, so the season
is short and seed stock is not re-ordered.

Is France the problem? Lowe's just opened but I do not know what brand they
will carry.

Any suggestions would be welcome. TIA.

Ellen

[IMG] code is On

Non Woven Fabrics for Sterile wraps Alli Gardening 1 07-11-2008 12:10 AM
Non Woven Fabrics for Sterile wraps Alli Lawns 0 06-11-2008 05:51 PM
Sterile Peppers? foo Gardening 5 13-04-2006 10:00 PM
Source of sterile scalpel blades [email protected] North Carolina 3 23-03-2005 11:05 PM
Are Hydrangea paniculata seeds Sterile? dhmeiser Gardening 2 15-09-2004 04:57 AM