Old 14-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Ted Shoemaker

Default growing bananas indoors -- is this for real?

Hello,

I've seen several websites claiming that you can grow certain varieties
of bananas indoors as houseplants. These plants are said to be 5 feet
(1.7 m) or shorter, and able to tolerate houehold temperatures.

1. Is this for real?
2. What about transportation? Suppose I buy a corm through the mail.
Does it hurt for a corm to freeze (in the mail), the same it would hurt
the full plant? (I live in Wisconsin, and the temps today are below
zero Fahrenheit. I can wait until June, I suppose, to order.)
3. What else do I need to know?

Thank you very much!

Ted Shoemaker

Old 14-01-2005, 09:57 PM
clc

"Ted Shoemaker" wrote in message

Hello,

I've seen several websites claiming that you can grow certain varieties
of bananas indoors as houseplants. 3. What else do I need to know?

Two words - mealy bugs.

Cheryl

Old 14-01-2005, 10:13 PM
paghat

In article , "clc" wrote:

"Ted Shoemaker" wrote in message

Hello,

I've seen several websites claiming that you can grow certain varieties
of bananas indoors as houseplants. 3. What else do I need to know?

Two words - mealy bugs.

Cheryl

The mealy bugs, the mealy bugs
They are such thugs the mealy bugs