Old 14-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Fred

Default OH NO... my bulbs are coming up!!

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!
Old 14-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Doug Kanter

"Fred" wrote in message

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

Nah....they'll be fine. That happened to mine over the years - mostly the
ones which were near the foundation of the house because it was warmer. I'm
in Rochester NY (zone 5 or 6, depending on who you believe and your precise
location). The bulbs always survived. Winter's returning today. They'll get
the message.

Old 14-01-2005, 08:59 PM
James

"Fred" wrote in message

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

Well, not the Crocus anyway. Those things push up through the snow
sometimes. The daffodils might be short lived I think but the bulbs will
remain and do their thing. Much may depend on their location as to how soon
they come up.

Old 14-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Cereus-validus...

Yeah sure, Fredo. They caught you napping again.

Don't you know that its one of the signs of the impending
apocalypse?!!!!!!!!

Take a chill pill, dude.

Since you've just planted them, you probably don't know that they do it
every year.

Old 15-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Phisherman

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:15:53 -0500, Fred wrote:

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

Mine too. Here in E. Tennessee we've had temperatures in the 70s for
the past two weeks. Tomorrow it may dip to the 20's. My daffodils
have pushed up leaves 3-4 inches. Who knows? We may not have flowers
this year, but it won't kill the plant. These are tough.

Old 16-01-2005, 09:02 PM
madgardener

what part of Eastern Tennessee, Phish?
madgardener who lives just a mile from I-40 going towards Newport
herself...............................

Old 17-01-2005, 03:39 AM
MAC

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:15:53 -0500, Fred wrote:

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

We're in central NC and I understand that they'll survive but may not
bloom this spring. Hey, I'm a Vikings fan - our mantra is "Next year
for sure!"

MAC
Old 17-01-2005, 04:39 AM
paghat

In article , MAC
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:15:53 -0500, Fred wrote:

I planted hundreds of various bulbs and the Crocus and Daffodil bulbs
are coming up... I'm in zone 5... some are 2 to 3 inches already.. am
I out of luck here?

Thanks!!

Today I noticed Crocus ancyrensis is in full fat yellow bud, despite that
the last week or so has had such cold nights into the 20s & the ground
often lightly covered in snow or sleet. There'll now be a whole series of
crocuses appearing week by week for a while, one of my favorite periods of
serial bloomings.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

[IMG] code is On

My bulbs are coming up in Fife..help? Mitulove United Kingdom 26 01-02-2009 08:20 PM
The Locusts Are Coming; The Loco Locusts Are Coming BroJack Gardening 7 18-05-2004 03:10 PM
Roots coming out of stems everywhere??? Ron Nelson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 15-03-2003 06:59 AM
Birds coming through animaux Gardening 2 07-02-2003 04:47 PM
OT - Mosquitos Are Coming! TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 01-02-2003 01:43 AM