Old 20-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Pat Fish1

Default Flowering Chinese Evergreen

Thought you folks might like to check my blog for the pic of my flowering
chinese evergreen. Well I've never seen such a thing in my life and it does
look a little obscene.

Also, all of my gardening posts are now listed on the sidebar for quick access.
Clicks to my cherished indoor plants are available on that sidebar as well.

http://patfish.blogspot.com/2005/01/...g-chinese.html

Pat Fish/Delaware

Visit My Blog:
http://patfish.blogspot.com/
Old 21-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Cereus-validus...

It is not difficult to get Aglaonema to bloom. Its just that the spathaceous
inflorescences are so inconspicuous that most people don't notice them
unless someone points them out.

Old 21-01-2005, 05:20 AM
madgardener

Howz it going Pat? looks like the flower of the Spathphillium, and the
flower of the Arum lily.........(and a few more I can't name off the top of
me head) really cool and quite an accomplishment when we get houseplants to
flower like they do in the wild. I remember how thrilled I was when my
Sanseveria bloomed the first time. And it was fragrant and very fairy like
flowers too. Thanks for sharing!
madgardener

Old 22-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:20:35 -0500, madgardener wrote:

Howz it going Pat? looks like the flower of the Spathphillium, and the
flower of the Arum lily.........

I never saw one in bloom! Neat! Like a peace lily. Thanks for posting this!

Tom

Old 22-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Cereus-validus...

No the flowers are not like those of Spathiphyllum.

Agalonema are Aroids but the inflorescence spaths are small, green, hidden
among the leaves and do not open widely. They are not at all showy and
easily overlooked.

news