Old 22-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Seedfreak

Default Who carries cheap wild flower seeds?

Lorraine wrote:
Another cheap source for seeds is Big Lots if you have one of them.
They usually have single packet sizes for 10 cent each. Sometimes

they
carry the cannisters of wildflower seeds but I didn't see them this
year. The also had big packets, that held the equivalent of about a
dozen little packs for 88 cent.

I bought of box of wildflower seed mix at a dollar tree store (yep,

for
one buck) but they sold out of them very fast. They had the

cannisters
of wildflower mix at K-mart in the martha stewart gardening

display...it
was something like 13 bucks but I bet it would be cheaper to buy your
own seed and mix it with vermiculite.

Previously:
Who carries cheap wild flower seeds?
Group: rec.gardens Date: Wed, Jun 27, 2001, 2:17pm From:
(Karen Harper)
Another online resource for wildflower seeds and the cans that you

wrote
about is:
http://www.clyderobin.com . You can purchase a wide variety of seeds
and
quantities here.
Karen
"Paul Onstad" wrote in message
gb wrote:
I planted some wild flower seeds around my yard this year as an
experiment to see if they would grow and whether or not I would like

the
effect.
I do like the effect but the seeds I used were $6 for a very small

pack.
I've heard that you can buy a can of wild flower seeds from some

where
(Home Depot, etc.?) but I'm not sure. If anyone knows of a national
chain store that carries relatively inexpensive wild flower seeds in
larger quantities than little packs please let me know.
I won't use them this year but I would like to buy them now if they

are
still available.
Johnny's Seeds has a particular wildflower mix, Northern Lights, that

bought a couple years ago, and I have been very pleased with the
results. They reseeded themselves last fall.
I just bought a packet ($1.50) but they have the seeds in quantity

too
(1/4 pound for $25).
I ordered by mail but they have a website,
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/
-Paul (Minnesota)

Old 29-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Jim Marrs

One of the best for Southwestern native seeds is Native American Seed :
http://www.seedsource.com/
probably not cheap but very good quality.
Have Fun

Jim

"Seedfreak" wrote in message
oups.com...