Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 PM
John Bachman

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:51:30 -0500, dps
wrote:

Where I live, everyone is on private wells. No public water. It's
possible that a public water system could deliver more pressure/volume
than an individual well (after all, they have to be able to supply fire
hydrants).

Most people will still be limited by the size of the pipe within the
home leading to the hose cock. 1/2" pipe is most common in older homes
with 3/4 used for some of the main runs. I wouldn't know about newer homes.

I am on a private well and get plenty of water but I designed the
system that way. I run a 1-inch line directly from my pump to the
garden. That is easily sufficient for my needs.

I have not gone through the numbers but I am pretty sure that I can
get more than 20 gpm in the garden 200 feet from the pump.

John

Bob wrote:
"dps" wrote in message

5 gpm is a lot for a home water system.

My largest sprinkler "zones" run about 20 gpm.

Bob

[IMG] code is On

Running Water No Name United Kingdom 14 29-09-2011 06:16 PM
Water now running Bonnie Ponds 0 19-04-2004 01:07 PM
Method running water from creek to garden water feature lee brown Gardening 1 23-04-2003 04:32 AM