Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
John Bachman

On 4 Feb 2005 06:46:28 -0800, wrote:

Feb 4, 6:40 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 4 Feb 2005 06:40:59 -0800
Subject: Running water line.
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am wanting to run water line about 250 feet to my garden. Thinking
about using a ditch witch. Are these hard to use?

Will there be very little pressure going that far? I plan on using
sprinklers to cover my 50 x 50 goot garden.

Also, the garden is not perfectly straight inline with the area of the
house the waterline would need to come out of. Is this a problem.

Also in between the two are my fiel lines? How do I get around that?

The ditch witch will do a good job if there are no significant rocks
but it takes a healthy fellow to operate it.

I ran a 1" line to my garden, total run about 300 feet and have plenty
of pressure to run several sprinklers at a time.

If you want a guarantee then you will have to get the specs on the
sprinkler heads and know how many you will be running at a time. That
will give the flow and pressure requirements at the sprinklers. Then
calculate the pressure drop on your line and deduct that from the head
pressure at the inlet.

If I did my system over I would install a couple of inline shutoffs
and drains for when I poke a hole in the line from time to time.

If you are in a frost area you will want to drain the system. I blow
mine out with the compressor.

John

[IMG] code is On

Running Water No Name United Kingdom 14 29-09-2011 06:16 PM
Water now running Bonnie Ponds 0 19-04-2004 01:07 PM
Method running water from creek to garden water feature lee brown Gardening 1 23-04-2003 04:32 AM