Old 05-02-2005, 01:59 AM
culprit

Default spring has sprung!

or at least this lonely daffodil thinks so...

http://groups.msn.com/culprit/shoebo...o&PhotoID=1630

this is the first time i've seen one this early in the year.

-kelly
Snohomish, WA

Old 05-02-2005, 03:58 AM
madgardener

THAT was worth visiting. I love how her head is ducked demurely, with the
droplets of rain and dew glistening off each birth petal. The protective
sheath already starting to turn to crape paper which will later dry out and
detach from the stem once the flower sets seed or doesn't. thank you. It
was as appreciated as my first golden crocus today finally revealing herself
in the pot on my way to my car in the driveway. It grabbed my eye and I was
literally hooked like a fish on a trot line. I had to stop and gaze down
into her perfection too. There is NOTHING like the first yellow's and
golden colors of pre-spring amongst the drabs and winter greens.
madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, where I heard hordes of hopeful but early
PEEPERS around East Towne Mall tonight and tomorrow's highs will be a
kissing of low 60's again.............zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Old 05-02-2005, 04:02 AM
madgardener

ahhh yes, the Cat-spray/feline sperm odor of those beautiful yet stinky
non-fertile blossoms. To behold them is to remember why they were put on
the market, but to smell them on a warm day in full blossom reminds me why I
wouldn't have one if you offered it with a C-note (I might take it and give
it to some landscaping crew who didn't know any better and spend the C-note
on an order divided up between Heronswood and Forest Farm Nurseries g) and
yes, for the brittleness of the wood too is yet another reason I don't like
the Bradfords. Enough around here in Eastern Tennessee when the wild black
cherries fill the woods with their illuminations. If you GOTTA have an
early flowering tree, at least the Cleveland pear is the best. Do you have
a picture of the Mexican plums? I'd love to see a blossom and the tree up
close............
maddie
"escape" wrote in message
I saw a robin yesterday, the Mexican plums are blooming and so are the

poor
Bradford Pear trees. This being Austin, TX.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:59:26 -0800, "culprit"
opined:

Old 05-02-2005, 04:48 AM
culprit

"madgardener" wrote in message
[...]

cool, i'm so glad you liked it. i've beet watching that baby for days, she
shot up overnight, but then sat there in bud form, waiting all week to
bloom, until yesterday afternoon. of course, i waited until it started
raining to grab the camera and photograph her today.
she's a welcome addition to the landscape. the purple heather is nice, but
there's nothing like a little yellow to brighten up the day.

-kelly
Snohomish, WA

Old 06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
mleblanca

In Northern California also.................
Silvery Pussywillows are breaking out of their shiny brown coats
Golden trumpets of daffodils are unfurling
Beekeepers are bringing their beehives to the almond orchards
Bees are delighting in Hellebore's green skirts
and
plants are beginning the game of "musical chairs" as I divide and move
them to new homes.
Emilie
NorCal