Old 17-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Grandpa

Default Spring has sprung...

Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64
tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller
yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt
weather in Albuquerque!

Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and.................
Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......

Old 18-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Larry Blanchard

In article , Grandpa
jsdebooATcomcast.net says...
Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64
tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung.

Well, Spring is a fond hope here in Spokane WA, but I went out
to the garden yesterday and the spinach I seeded late last fall
is coming up. In 30-35 degree weather! I went out this morning
and put on the bird netting (they're already fenced for rabbits)
to hold down the feasting.

1 week till initial thinning, 2 more to baby leaves, and full
plants before the end of March. If it all doesn't freeze :-).

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?
Old 18-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote:

Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64
tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller
yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt
weather in Albuquerque!

Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and.................
Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......

70 in central Texas. I mowed the lawn. Really. Not much grass
but a lot of weeds. Then I did some pruning.

It's supposed to be even warmer tomorrow. I'll continue my
outdoor work.

--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Old 18-02-2004, 02:42 AM
Mike in NB

Hmmmmm......

Here in New Brunswick (Canada), I awoke to some coals still in the
woodstove, and a temp of minus 30 degrees Celsius with the windchill. And
there is still plenty of snow down, and the ice won't be out of the lake
until mid April. I gotta retire down south.
About all the gardening I can do is look at the seed catalogs.
Nice to hear someone gets to play in the dirt.

Mike in NB

Old 18-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Darwin Vander Stelt

It's not nice to gloat grandpa!
"Spring has sprung,
Fall has fell,
Winter's here,
and its colder'n last year."

Old 18-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Brigitte J.

"Grandpa" jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message
Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64
tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller
yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt
weather in Albuquerque!

Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and.................
Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......

Won't be spring here for awhile. Here in Nebraska we still have 2 ft of
snow on the ground, and with temps remaining at freezing, we'll be lucky if
all this snow is melted by June.

I still prefer the snow and ice over the crowds and road-raged drivers in
southern California...

Brigitte

Old 18-02-2004, 07:32 PM
escapee

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:07:55 -0700, Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net opined:

Sorry for the cross post but dang, a high of 58 expected today and 64
tomorrow, methinks spring has sprung. I even broke out the rototiller
yesterday and worked up the ground in 2 small plots. Its T-shirt
weather in Albuquerque!

Lets see, time to get the peas in the ground fast and.................
Snow, we don't got no steeeeenkin snow.......

Well, in my area where snow is a miracle, we got two inches over the weekend. Of
course it was melted by 10am the next day and this, a few days later and it is
75 degrees. So, while spring is certain around mid-March, that's still several
weeks away. I won't be taking down my greenhouse till end of March...or so.
Old 19-02-2004, 01:13 AM

it got up to 45oF here in Milwaukee and I already had a spring attack on monday. saw
a couple robins but couldnt con them into singing... spring isnt here yet. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 22-02-2004, 07:02 PM
BiG_Orange

Is this normal? Our miniature iris' are in full bloom, and I see several
bulbs starting to come up. We are in TN.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:32 AM
B & J

"BiG_Orange" @ wrote in message ...
Is this normal? Our miniature iris' are in full bloom, and I see several
bulbs starting to come up. We are in TN.

I live in northern AR and have several bright patches of miniature iris
(Purple Gem)blooming now. It has to be normal because this is the third year
in a row in which they bloomed around the twentieth of February, and this is
the third year since I planted them. The only other explanation I can think
of is that miniature iris in AR and TN aren't normal!

John.

Old 23-02-2004, 10:02 AM
madgardener

you got that right............................................. madgardener
who doesn't have one normal plant in her fairy gardens...............

Old 24-02-2004, 04:12 AM
B & J

"madgardener" wrote in message
you got that right............................................. madgardener
who doesn't have one normal plant in her fairy gardens...............

Yes, but...... The people who know you are well aware that nothing is your
garden could be "normal." It wouldn't be growing there if it was.

John

[IMG] code is On

Spring has sprung?! Sacha United Kingdom 8 09-10-2006 09:05 PM
spring has sprung! culprit Gardening 4 06-02-2005 05:33 PM
Spring has sprung... Grandpa Edible Gardening 11 24-02-2004 04:14 AM
Spring has Sprung!! Brian Gardening 21 21-01-2004 11:32 PM