Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Growing Strawberry's

I live in Southern Kentucky. I am wanting to grow soem strawberry's at
home but because of my time demands want to do so if possible without
alot of upkeep.

Thought baout building a "container" for lack of a better term out of
railroad ties. Kind of a pyramid, one square on top of another square,
etc.

Putting down plastic for weed control then on top of the plastic
putting mulch.

I have never grown strawberrys. Are they vines that put out "runners"?
If so, will my idea not work because of the plastic? (Runners will not
be able to root)?