Old 15-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Doll is Mine

Default Hoyas

Anyone have a good source for flowering fragrant hoya plants? I
inherited one from my mother-in-law and LOVE it. It makes my whole house
smell wonderful at night when it is flowrering. I have propogated
additional ones from that plant but I am hooked and want more variety.
Anyone know of a good, reliable source?
Old 15-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll is Mine
Anyone have a good source for flowering fragrant hoya plants? I inherited one from my mother-in-law and LOVE it. It makes my whole house
smell wonderful at night when it is flowrering. I have propogated additional ones from that plant but I am hooked and want more variety. Anyone know of a good, reliable source?

Hi Doll,

I don't have your answer, so maybe someone else will come along with ideas. In the meantime, Garden Web has a forum just for hoyas. Here's a helpful post.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...2029807.html?6

Here's the main page for that particular forum. They have forums for just about everything you can think of.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hoya/

There is also an exchange section for hoyas. If you don't have anything to trade, you might be able to get some for SASE - Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/h...h&random=11740

Do be sure to read the instructions for using the site. You can check references for mailorder sites here.
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/

Happy trading!
Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 15-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Doll is Mine

http://tinyurl.com/66blf

http://tinyurl.com/3wdet

http://tinyurl.com/5op6v

Do be sure to read the instructions for using the site. You can check
references for mailorder sites here.
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/

Happy trading!
Newt

A forum just for Hoyas!?! THANKS!
Old 15-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Hemmaholic

Do a Google for Logee's Greenhouses as a source for Hoyas.

Another group you might consider is Houseplant Chat, it's a Yahoo
discussion group and I know for a fact there are several Hoya nuts that
belong there, including myself!

Grant Meyer is the list owner and has quite a nice collection of Hoyas
himself.

Hemma

Old 15-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Registered User

Newt wrote:
Doll is Mine Wrote:
[...]

You are very welcome!! Have fun!
Newt
__________________

Old 27-03-2005, 02:19 AM
figaro

From: Newt

Doll is Mine Wrote:
-Anyone have a good source for flowering fragrant hoya plants? I
inherited one from my mother-in-law and LOVE it. It makes my whole
house smell wonderful at night when it is flowrering. I have propogated
additional ones from that plant but I am hooked and want more variety.
Anyone know of a good, reliable source?-

The best mail order source for rare and unusual Hoyas is Kartuz greenhouses
in Vista California. He is online at Kartuz.com or something like that. I
used to work for him and he is a great resource for information on many rare
and unusual plants and is regularly written up in magazines like Sunset or
Martha Stewart Living.