Old 19-03-2005, 04:40 PM
SKYlark

Default catnip

halo all (wave from new hampshire)

i am writing on behalf of an organisation in great britain which not only is
a cat shelter, they also, with the help of local vets who are compassionate,
neuter the cats when they become old enough, and check out prospective
"adoptive families" to ensure the cats will have a happy home....all on a
volunteer basis.

so, you're thinking to yourself: "what does this have to do with gardening?"
well, after emailing back and forth with Philip Asselin, sec'y & treasurer @
Caterham & District Cats Protection, he's told me that they have a lot of
volunteers who knit and sew up little mice which can be stuffed with catnip
and then can be sold at their various bazaars, festivals, online and real
life shoppes. unfortunately, they've had a severe drought in great britain
the past few years and watering is restricted, so this organisation has been
appealing to certain european countries requesting contributions of dried
catnip. they've been barely successful as the drought in the british isles
has struck other countries on the european continent as well. philip wanted
to appeal to americans but didn't know how to go on until i wandering
through my fingers (it's a 60's xpression) fell SPLAT onto their website and
told him as soon as spring comes to new hampshire (this year, it's prolly
gonna be late may, early june), i'd grow him as much catnip as my garden
would allow and then send it to him.

and then, i appealed to everyone on my personal addressbook who live in
areas of america where it's already spring (or never had winter)AND who love
animals. i received vague responses, lots of excuses, but did receive a lot
of yes answers...but you know, it's still not enough!!!

so, i am appealing to all of you...where ever you live....if YOU can, or
know of anyone who can, grow a LOT of catnip, dry it, and send it to
philip...AND, you can deduct the cost of the seeds, the time you spent in
reaping your harvest, postage, etc., as charitable donations.

i have discovered, postal rates to england ain't cheap, but philip and i are
trying various ways of going around this. he told me, last year, he order
52 lbs. of dried catnip from an herb order house here, in america, and it
cost way too much to do it again....and the "profits" they made did not
outweigh the costs. ;o(

so, please....if you can see clearly now AND can give of your time, your
soil, and your heart, PLEASE go to the below website and see if there is
ANYTHING you can do to help.
i, gypsy skylark, thank you and i know philip asselin will be overwhelming
in thanking you. you don't have to mention my name unless you want
to....just...DO SOMETHING!!!!
thanks for reading.

Please visit our branch website at www.catgroup.org
http://www.catgroup.org

Old 20-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Hey Skylurker, Janet Broccoli is this group's official troll from Britain
and you are in deep trouble trying to muscle in on her territory, punk!!!

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from SKYlark contains these words:

i am writing on behalf of an organisation in great britain

No, you're a troll

unfortunately, they've had a severe drought in great britain
the past few years

No, we haven't

and watering is restricted, so this organisation has been
appealing to certain european countries requesting contributions of dried
catnip.

There's been no drought in Britain sufficient to kill off catnip. Even
in the very few areas which have any garden-watering restrictions, rain
and dew still fall and meditteranean plants like catnip survive
particularly well. Most of Britain has no watering-rstrictions at all,
and higher than usual rainfall.

Janet, in Britain.

[IMG] code is On

trouble with catnip five of four Plant Science 5 17-09-2003 03:53 AM
Catnip John DeBoo Edible Gardening 9 09-08-2003 08:02 PM
Catnip Alternative Janice United Kingdom 7 23-06-2003 08:20 AM
growing catnip indoors Jessica Gardening 4 16-06-2003 09:32 PM
Introducing "CATNIP AND KEROSENE GRASS" Evar Grieg Gardening 0 04-03-2003 01:27 AM