Old 03-05-2005, 12:39 PM

Default CAT FOULING

Whilst I have no aversion to cats, I do have a problem with them using
the pebbled area in my garden as a litter tray! Can anyone please
advise me of a way to deter this from happening?

Old 03-05-2005, 03:42 PM

..22

Old 03-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Jim Carlock

Stick something thorny, like broken up rose stems in the area?
Dull the points to make uncomfortable for the cat to walk over.
They only need to walk in the area once and they'll remember
to avoid it next time. Any other manner of making their feet feel
uncomfortable might work as well.

Another option is to put something there that offends there sense
of smell. Their noses are sensitive. They also have a vorneronasal
organ (Jacobson's organ) in the roof of their mouth where they can
taste what their smelling without coming in contact with the item. I
haven't tried this, but perhaps basil will work. Cayenne pepper or
common black pepper might work as well. Supposedly cats can
even smell common table salt.

http://www.thedailycat.com/mind/comm.../senses_smell/

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:03 PM
rosie read n' post

moth balls

--
rosie
a mother for peace!

Old 03-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Cereus-validus.....

If the cat keeps hitting the ball outside the foul line, it needs to
practice its swing more!!!!

Its your fault for having a part of your garden covered with gravel as fine
as kitty litter. Cats are very particular where they poop and for them to
literally go out of their way just to take a dump there is a rare honor.

If you were smart, you would have used something cats don't like such as
pine bark mulch instead.

oups.com...

Old 03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
William W. Plummer

rosie read n' post wrote:

moth balls

That is often suggested. But it never works against any animal. I gave
up using moth balls about 20 years ago in favor of a battery operated
electric fence.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Tennessee Tony

William W. Plummer wrote:
rosie read n' post wrote:

moth balls

That is often suggested. But it never works against any animal. I gave
up using moth balls about 20 years ago in favor of a battery operated
electric fence.

I stopped using moth balls when my eyesight got too bad to collect the
little suckers.

Tony
Old 04-05-2005, 03:46 AM
VMWOOD

Sprinkle cayanne pepper in the area. Once the cats lick that off their
paws they'll leave that area alone.

Marv-Montezuma, IA
http://community.webshots.com/user/vmwood

Old 04-05-2005, 09:03 PM
AutoTracer

My cat is perfectly happy going in my redwood (mini nugget) mulch but he is
polite enough to cover it up so I really don't mind. I'm just happy not to
need any litter box. Now the dog, thats another story.

There are a number of feline repellant sprays available at pet stores. In
the cat group, I have seen something called Feliway recommended but have
never tried it myself.

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in message
.. .
If the cat keeps hitting the ball outside the foul line, it needs to
practice its swing more!!!!

Its your fault for having a part of your garden covered with gravel as

fine
as kitty litter. Cats are very particular where they poop and for them to
literally go out of their way just to take a dump there is a rare honor.

If you were smart, you would have used something cats don't like such as
pine bark mulch instead.

oups.com...

Old 04-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Toni

"AutoTracer" wrote in message news:9U9ee.5685
There are a number of feline repellant sprays available at pet stores. In
the cat group, I have seen something called Feliway recommended but have
never tried it myself.

To be clear Feliway is *not* a repellant, but a pheromone for helping manage
stress related behaviors.

--
Toni
South Florida USA

Old 08-05-2005, 04:49 AM

On Tue, 03 May 2005 17:44:35 -0400, Tennessee Tony
wrote:

William W. Plummer wrote:
rosie read n' post wrote:

moth balls

That is often suggested. But it never works against any animal. I gave
up using moth balls about 20 years ago in favor of a battery operated
electric fence.

I stopped using moth balls when my eyesight got too bad to collect the
little suckers.

Tony

You're just not trying hard enough.

Swyck

[IMG] code is On

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
Dog & Cat Fouling Moon~Shadow United Kingdom 65 25-09-2005 11:51 AM
How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden? discoverer United Kingdom 27 13-04-2004 04:04 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM