Old 14-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Moon~Shadow

Default Dog & Cat Fouling

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting slate
around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a neighbours cat
too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long and then it
starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a neighbour has had a
similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have contacted the council who
say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The trouble is we never see it
'doing it' but do see it wandering around - it takes itself for a walk each
day (different times). The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and
the neighbours are ones that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
to stop the cat from coming through. The bottom part of the front garden is
open and may result in us having more fence/shrubs and a gate put on so the
dog can't get up the path.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can do!
When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.

Old 14-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Mike

I don't
know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much as it
would for extra fencing.

Yes they do, very well. Very very well. Just move it about a bit over a
couple of weeks

Apologies for the long post but getting fed up with it and any
advice/suggestions appreciated.

You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again :-((

Ignore them :-))

Mike
Vermin free garden thanks to an electronic vermin gismo :-))))

Old 14-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Tumbleweed

"Moon~Shadow" wrote in message
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. We have just finished putting
slate around our front garden but a dog keeps fouling on it and a
neighbours cat too. We have put 'scent off' down which works for so long
and then it starts again. We have a fair idea who's dog it is and a
neighbour has had a similar problem and spoke to the owner. I have
contacted the council who say 'we must see it, or take a photo'. The
trouble is we never see it 'doing it' but do see it wandering around -

web cam.

I'm loathe to fence the whole garden in but I don't see what else I can
do! When it doesn't foul our garden, it goes to another one but not to the
scruffy overgrown one next door to us but further down the street. I
don't know if ultrasonic devices will work but these cost almost as much
as it would for extra fencing.

Extra fencing for £25? bargain, go for it.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 14-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Draven

[...]

Spray the area with an Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate solution. it's 10.4g/L.
(You can buy it in the shops I think it's called animal repellent).
Keeps most animals at bay and works great for rabbit damage.

Old 14-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Davy

I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

cheers

Davy

Old 14-09-2005, 01:09 PM

quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Mike

Old 14-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Mike

Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws.

and as vermin can be shot, skinned, cooked and eaten. Tastes like Rabbit

Mike

Old 14-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Tumbleweed

wrote in message
oups.com...
quote 'You will be told by the owners that this subject has been done
to death and
you should look up the archives before posting and don't do it again
:-((

Ignore them :-)) '

There are no owners of this newsgroup, it is a public one and
unmoderated, but there are a number of FAQs and one is to do with cats
and dogs, can't remember how to access them, but someone will. However,
neither you, nor the council, nor the owners of the cats can do, or be
forced to do anything about the cat mess. Cats are classed as 'wild'
animals, and as such are subject to no laws or bye-laws. Dogs are a
different mattter and owners are responsible.

Mike

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road since
:-)

Old 14-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Bob Smith

"Davy" wrote in message
I have found that tea bags soaked in Jayes Fluid can prevent foxes and cats
fouling particular areas. It cheap and simple.

I found the most massive "cat present" right next to one of my jeyes tea
bags, as if to say "I will do it where I want matey".

None of the smelly methods worked. Nylon mesh was dug up. All I did get to
work was chilli powder, but you have to replace it when it rains, and it
looks like you have martian soil around your garden.

Bob

Old 14-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Mike

German inventor's "cat fuel" angers animal lovers Wednesday September 14,
02:43 PM
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German inventor has angered animal rights activists
with his answer to fighting the soaring cost of fuel -- dead cats.

Christian Koch, 55, from the eastern county of Saxony, told Bild newspaper
that his organic diesel fuel -- a home-made blend of garbage, run-over cats,
and other ingredients -- is a proven alternative to normal consumer diesel.

"I drive my normal diesel-powered car with this mixture," Koch said. "I have
gone 170,000 km (106,000 miles) without
a problem."

The website of Koch's firm, "Alphakat GmbH", says his patented "KDV 500"
machine can produce what he calls the "bio-diesel" fuel at about 23 euro
cents (30 cents) a litre, which is about one-fifth the price at petrol
stations now.

Koch said around 20 dead cats added into the mix could help produce enough
fuel to fill up a 50-litre (11 gallon) tank.

But the president of the German Society for the Protection of Animals,
Wolfgang Apel, said using dead cats for fuel was illegal.

"There's no danger for cats and dogs in Germany because this practice is
outlawed in Germany," Apel told Bild on Wednesday in a story entitled "Can
you really make fuel out of cats?"

"We're going to keep an eye on this case," Apel said.

Old 14-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Bob Smith

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

They have a specific law to stop people turning roadkill cats into
biodiesel? Sad people. Maybe it is better having them rot in the streets.

Bob

Old 14-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered User

When my new nighbours dog crapped on my parking area I gathered the crap up
in a bag and took it round to them ..havent seen the dog in the road since
:-)

Like it!

Or you could always kick said dog up the arse. Just the once like.

Bob
Old 14-09-2005, 09:27 PM
H Ryder

The neighbours cat has never covered its mess and the neighbours are ones
that don't give a hoot. We have a ranch fence down
both sides of the garden and are considering putting mesh over the timbers
to stop the cat from coming through.

in their defence there is not a lot your neighbours can do to stop their cat
(speaking as a cat owner here ). Also a fence will not work. The cat
will just climb it. The best things to try are water attempt to drench teh
cat with jugs, water pistols, a hose etc, preferably when they can't see
you. this usually works. The other thing I've found works in pepper dust.
Hayley

Old 14-09-2005, 09:47 PM
June Hughes

In message , Moon~Shadow
writes
[...]

Buy a good quality water pistol. Works wonders, does no harm to the
animals and is really satisfying for you.
--
June Hughes

Fouling By Cats careen Lawns 8 17-12-2013 04:40 PM
Cats fouling in grass Blairadamwitch Lawns 7 16-07-2010 11:13 AM
CAT FOULING [email protected] Gardening 12 08-05-2005 04:49 AM
How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden? discoverer United Kingdom 27 13-04-2004 04:04 PM
Sears push mower fouling plugs [email protected] Lawns 7 15-07-2003 08:59 PM