Old 04-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Linda

Default Mushrooms growing in grass

How do you get rid of all the mushrooms that keep popping up in my backyard
grass. I don't want my grandkids to eat them!!!
Thanks for any advice...

--
Have a Great Day!!
Linda from So. Calif

Old 04-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Phisherman

On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:04:25 GMT, "Linda"
wrote:

How do you get rid of all the mushrooms that keep popping up in my backyard
grass. I don't want my grandkids to eat them!!!
Thanks for any advice...

When the sun hits them or when the soil dries out they will disappear.
Fungus growth indicates you have decaying organic matter in your
backyard. Teach your grandchildren not to touch mushrooms, and keep a
careful watch on the youngsters.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Jim Carlock

"Phisherman" wrote:
Teach your grandchildren not to touch mushrooms, and keep a
careful watch on the youngsters.

Are there some mushrooms that are dangerous to the touch? Or is
that just a warning to be over cautious because of the kids?

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Mike Prager

Jim Carlock wrote:

Are there some mushrooms that are dangerous to the touch? Or is
that just a warning to be over cautious because of the kids?

Some common mushrooms (mostly in the genera Amanita and
Galerina) are so toxic that the amount of material accumulated
on the fingers could cause harm if ingested. It is wise to
wash one's hands immediately after handling those species. I
believe children are particularly sensitive to many toxins,
possibly because of their low body weight.

Mike Prager
On the North Carolina coast - Zone 8a
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Linda" [email
Thanks for any advice...

--
Have a Great Day!!
Linda from So. Calif

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.