Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Brigitte

Default moving/transporting house plants

I apologize if this is not the group to ask this question. If there's a
better group, please let me know.

I'll be moving from Nebraska to California (3 days and nights on the road)
temporarily (9 months), and would like to take my house plants with me, but
not sure this is feasible with such a long trip.

I'm driving a minivan and pulling a small cargo trailer, and will be
traveling with 4 dogs and 2 cats, my computer and my clothes, and hopefully
my "indoor garden".

It's hard enough that I have to leave my "outdoor garden", with
strawberries, tomatoes, numerous annuals and perennials, so I'm hoping I can
somehow manage the indoor plants for the move.

Has anyone had any success at moving houseplants a long distance? If so,
how did you do it?

I have approximately 20 plants and their pots. The pots range in sizes of 4
inches, up to 12 inches. Only 2 of the big pots, and the plants in them are
no taller than 3 ft.

Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you,
Brigitte

[IMG] code is On

Transporting Plants for 10 hours in enclosed box ? James Lawns 4 20-06-2009 06:43 PM
Transporting house plants in hot car tenplay Gardening 9 27-08-2007 12:15 AM
Laws regarding transporting house plants across state lines? (US) Tono Gardening 2 15-06-2004 12:02 AM
Transporting goldfish JGW Ponds 2 05-08-2003 04:21 AM
Transporting House Plant Cross Country Hobbs Gardening 3 18-03-2003 02:32 PM