Old 16-06-2009, 10:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Transporting Plants for 10 hours in enclosed box ?

In a few weeks , I will be traveling from Fla to NC, a 9 hour trip. I
pull a trailer, and pack many things in large, enclosed plastic bins.

I want to carry several small Azalea plants in 3 gal containers, as well as
several small rose bushes. Because I travel at 70 mph for 9 hours, the wind
would destroy these plants before I got there.

Will these plants survive 9 hours in a completely enclosed container ? I
would water them well before leaving, and take them out as soon as I got
there.

Comments Please ??

Thank you very much.

James

Old 17-06-2009, 03:25 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

James said:

In a few weeks , I will be traveling from Fla to NC, a 9 hour trip. I
pull a trailer, and pack many things in large, enclosed plastic bins.

I want to carry several small Azalea plants in 3 gal containers, as well as
several small rose bushes. Because I travel at 70 mph for 9 hours, the wind
would destroy these plants before I got there.

Will these plants survive 9 hours in a completely enclosed container ? I
would water them well before leaving, and take them out as soon as I got
there.

Comments Please ??

Thank you very much.

lol they'll be fine

--

Eggs

-How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
Old 18-06-2009, 01:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 16, 5:48*pm, "James" wrote:
In a few weeks , *I will be traveling from Fla to NC, *a 9 hour trip. *I
pull a trailer, and pack many things in large, enclosed plastic bins.

I want to carry several small Azalea plants in *3 gal containers, as well as
several small rose bushes. *Because I travel at 70 mph for 9 hours, the wind
would destroy these plants before I got there.

Will these plants survive 9 hours in a completely enclosed container ? *I
would water them well before leaving, and take them out as soon as I got
there.

Comments Please ??

Thank you very much.

James

I took a couple of gardenias on a trip like this with no problem.
Old 18-06-2009, 10:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Thanks to all for the several comments. It seems these plants would be ok
for ten hours...........

James

Old 20-06-2009, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
EXT EXT is offline

James wrote:
In a few weeks , I will be traveling from Fla to NC, a 9 hour trip.
I pull a trailer, and pack many things in large, enclosed plastic
bins.

I want to carry several small Azalea plants in 3 gal containers, as
well as several small rose bushes. Because I travel at 70 mph for 9
hours, the wind would destroy these plants before I got there.

Will these plants survive 9 hours in a completely enclosed container
? I would water them well before leaving, and take them out as soon
as I got there.

Comments Please ??

Thank you very much.

James

Nursery plants are shipped across North America for days like that and
survive so they can be sold.