Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 PM
ap

Default planting flowers that rabbits won't eat

Hello,
live in atlanta suburbs and wanted some feedback
from others on successful flowers you have planted
in a rabbit prone area.

The house is surrounded by large trees and bushes.

The rabbits are eating all the flowers we have
planted so far.

We don't want to harm these creatures just trying
to avoid planting things they like.

Any suggestions? THANKS

Old 09-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Bill H.

Flowering cacti.

-Bill H.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Ann

"ap" expounded:

Hello,
live in atlanta suburbs and wanted some feedback
from others on successful flowers you have planted
in a rabbit prone area.

The house is surrounded by large trees and bushes.

The rabbits are eating all the flowers we have
planted so far.

We don't want to harm these creatures just trying
to avoid planting things they like.

Any suggestions? THANKS

Seriously.....get a dog. I had a basset hound for 12 years, and had
absolutely no rabbit damage - now this year (she died last May) I've
found things nibbled down to the ground.

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 10-05-2005, 04:43 AM
DK

"ap" wrote in message
ups.com...

The rabbits are eating all the flowers we have
planted so far.

avoid planting things they like.

Any suggestions? THANKS

I live in Ohio and definitely sympathize with your problem. Wooded, 3 acres
in the country. I haven't had much luck with flowers, but I've noticed
rabbits do not bother lilacs, red twig dogwoods, hollies, lavender is the
only flower they haven't touched Everything else gets rabbit fencing, ugly
but effective. I plant flowers and herbs in pots and put them on the porch,
they don't seem to bother with those. We have 2 dogs...doesn't seem to phase
the rabbits, they just run into the woods and reappear when the dogs leave
the area. This is the first year I'm planting a vegetable garden and
surrounded it with the rabbit fencing. Some people have told me to put
human hair around plants (didn't work), they've told me to try fox
urine...don't think that's going to happen. I've found the best way to deal
with them is to just enjoy watching their antics in the yard, and try to
keep plants out of their reach.

Diane