Old 13-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Cereus-validus.....

So he's a liar and a thief too?!!

If he pulled his snake oil routine on pet care instead, the SPCA would have
had him locked up long ago!!!!

If those extension service agents had introduced him to the wonderful world
of plant toxins, America's masturbating gardener would be only a distant
memory!!!

"Suzy O" wrote in message
The kindest thing I can say about Jerry Baker is that he's a crackpot --
and awfully good at self-promotion. There is absolutely no proof that any
of his concoctions work, which he will be the first to admit.

Some years ago when he was in town for the annual home & garden show, some
Extension Service Master Gardeners I know had an interesting conversation
with him. It seems he stopped at their booth and asked what they thought
about "this Jerry Baker guy," as if they didn't know who he was. They
played along and said that he might claim to be America's master gardener,
but they had solid info and he didn't. His reply was to the effect that
"he sure is a good businessman, tho, isn't he?" True story, cross my
heart and hope to die.

In any event, isn't it interesting that while he hypes all the homemade
remedies, the products sold under the Jerry Baker label are the same
chemicals the rest of the industry sells??? Hmmm.

Suzy O, Wis., Zone 5

"Sir Topham Hat" wrote in message
Just got a flyer via sail mail about a new book Jerry Baker is hawking,
"Terrific Garden Tonics". I'm sure many of these potions are in his
"Impatient
Gardener" text, but I never tried any of them. I was thinking about his
lawn
potion, 1 cup dish soap, 1 can of beer and fill the remainder of the
quart hose
end sprayer with ammonia. Can anybody see any harm this could possible
do to a
lawn? I'm willing to give it a go, (to supplement my 1/2 rate fertilizer
program), but not at the expense of damaging my lawn.

In general what is the opinion of this guy? Is he well respected or what
?
thxs

[IMG] code is On

Jerry Baker Mike Gardening 29 04-08-2004 05:29 PM
Jerry Baker quackery or true Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 22-09-2003 09:43 PM