Old 20-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered User

Red face Sick Bay Tree Laurus Nobilis

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have a very sick bay tree. It's proper name is Laurus Nobilis, A Belgian Speciality.

We've only had it for about a month and it's 5 years old. It's really not very well now and most of it's leaves have fallen off. It also smells like it's going rotten. I think maybe we have watered it too much. What do you suggest we do to prevent it from dying, or are we too late!?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 20-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0407
Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have a very sick bay tree. It's proper name is Laurus Nobilis, A Belgian Speciality.

We've only had it for about a month and it's 5 years old. It's really not very well now and most of it's leaves have fallen off. It also smells like it's going rotten. I think maybe we have watered it too much. What do you suggest we do to prevent it from dying, or are we too late!?

Thanks,
Tom
Hi Tom,

If it smells rotten, then it probably is. You don't say if it's in the ground or a pot. GENTLY scrape a branch to see if there is any green just under the bark. If so, it's still alive. If in a pot, remove from the pot and remove all the wet soil. Repot in fresh soil in a clean pot. If using the same pot, scrub well with a 10% bleach solution and then rinse well before putting the tree back in.

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 20-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Travis

tom0407 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have a very sick bay tree. It's proper
name is Laurus Nobilis, A Belgian Speciality.

We've only had it for about a month and it's 5 years old. It's
really not very well now and most of it's leaves have fallen off.
It also smells like it's going rotten. I think maybe we have
watered it too much. What do you suggest we do to prevent it from
dying, or are we too late!?

Thanks,
Tom

Something smells fishy.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 20-05-2005, 11:33 PM

Something smells fishy.

does everything smell fishy to you?

Old 22-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Registered User

Quote:
No. Just trollesque articles.
Sorry but what are 'trollesque articles' ?

Thanks for the advice Newt I will do that. I think the tree is still alive, or atleast it was when I left the office on friday... if it's still alive when I get to work tomorrow I will take it home and try and rescue it.

Tom
Old 22-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0407
Sorry but what are 'trollesque articles' ?

Thanks for the advice Newt I will do that. I think the tree is still alive, or atleast it was when I left the office on friday... if it's still alive when I get to work tomorrow I will take it home and try and rescue it.

Tom
Tom, you are very welcome. I know what a troll is, but I don't know what a "trollesque article" is unless it's a posting by a troll.
http://www.dwarfnet.com/glossary/trolling.shtml

Good luck with your bay tree.
Newt