Old 26-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered User

Smile Recycling And Re-use In Garden - Need Your Help Please!!!

Hello,

I'm a university student studying for my final year at Sheffield Hallam University and need to complete some research on garden recycling. I'd really appreciate it if you could take the time to answer a few questions, even if they're only short answers, anything's good!

What kind of things do you recycle in a garden?

Do you use things/objects for other purposes and if so what are they
and for what purposes are they used?

Anyone got any stories about interesting and creative ways of re-using
things??

Thanks!

Rose Perkins
Old 27-05-2005, 02:47 AM
SedumQueen

I recycle garden fencing and compost bin mesh and stakes to re-use
again and again. I don't have tomato cages, but I'm sure people re-use
those.

I recycle all my yard wastes and turn them into compost. I recycle
leaves, grass clippings, brush clippings, weeds, old flowers, sticks,
twigs, etc.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, though.

Old 27-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Starlord

I live in the High Mojave Desert on the edge of Rosamond, CA. My garden has
been carver out of the desert field next door to this trailer park. The dirt
is poor at the best, so even the weeds get recyceled into it to help make it
better. And I watch the trash bins and I've put chairs, tables, and other
things out there to add to the " Look " of the garden.

--
spaceclanger

Old 27-05-2005, 04:47 PM
William Wagner

I'm a university student studying for my final year at Sheffield Hallam
University and need to complete some research on garden recycling. I'd
really appreciate it if you could take the time to answer a few
questions, even if they're only short answers, anything's good!

What kind of things do you recycle in a garden?

Anything that was once alive is good and anything that made it through
someone's digestive system is better. Still rock powers are of value
and so are helpful hands.

Bill

--
Garden in shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA
Long -75.0246 Lat 39.637876
Old 27-05-2005, 10:11 PM
nanner

"spaceclanger" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a university student studying for my final year at Sheffield Hallam
University and need to complete some research on garden recycling. I'd
really appreciate it if you could take the time to answer a few
questions, even if they're only short answers, anything's good!

What kind of things do you recycle in a garden?

Do you use things/objects for other purposes and if so what are they
and for what purposes are they used?

Anyone got any stories about interesting and creative ways of re-using
things??

where i grew up people would take an old tire and cut it and turn it inside
out to make a planter. Let's see if i can dfind a picture of what i mean...

Wow - this is NOT what I meant but how interesting!!
http://www.ponyswings.com/tropical_bird_planters.htm

Yup, I found it - here it is http://www.wuvie.net/tireplanter.htm

Old 29-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Philip Lewis

Mark Anderson writes:
I'm thinking of getting a planer; they seem very useful. One of my

invest in a good metal detector as well...
a nail/screw etc can wreck havoc on plainer blades.

Look for a plainer that has some side to side adjustment in the
blades... so if you get a nick in them, you can offset one (or more)
of the blades to eliminate it.... otherwise, it'll be buying another
set of blades or reshaping the edge on the ones you have.

--
be safe.
flip