Old 04-06-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Is It A Weed or Flower Seedling??

Howdy all,

This is my first time direct sowing annual seeds.
Now that things are growing, I'm having a hard time
distinguishing between the annual seedlings and the weeds.

Does anyone know of a website that has pictures or illustrations
of flower seedlings and/or weed seedlings?

Many of the seeds I planted in groups of like 5 or 7. So, I know
they're flower seedlings when I see them in a group like that. But,
it's the seeds that I scattered that I'm having a hard time
identifying.

Any input is much appreciated.
-Felder.

Old 04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Lisa Hurley

it's the seeds that I scattered that I'm having a hard time
identifying.

Be patient -- you can always pull a weed later -- you can't put a flower
back ever! :-)

Old 04-06-2005, 06:41 PM
raycruzer

You can look up weeds with images for most states and provinces at the
Ergonica Weed Identification Reference Matrix (EWIRM). There are over
200 lists with common and scientific names and often images, as well,
on this site. Just about every weed image database on the web and also
references you can purchase in book form or disks is included.

Some of these online references and disks allow you to select the
features of your suspect plants and narrow down the selection to only a
few that you can view with images for a positive identification.

It's true that any plant can be a weed, but the reverse is also true,
that is, we can redeem our weeds if we identify their value.

Best of luck in your weed / plant identification quest.

Ray
Know your weeds to control your weeds www.ergonica.com

Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 AM

raycruzer wrote:
You can look up weeds with images for most states and provinces at the
Ergonica Weed Identification Reference Matrix (EWIRM). There are over
200 lists with common and scientific names and often images, as well,
on this site. Just about every weed image database on the web and also
references you can purchase in book form or disks is included.

Some of these online references and disks allow you to select the
features of your suspect plants and narrow down the selection to only a
few that you can view with images for a positive identification.

It's true that any plant can be a weed, but the reverse is also true,
that is, we can redeem our weeds if we identify their value.

Best of luck in your weed / plant identification quest.

Ray
Know your weeds to control your weeds www.ergonica.com

Many Thanks, Ray!
-Felder