Old 14-06-2005, 11:55 PM
donald girod

Default what is this wildflower?

I have found an unfamiliar (and very pretty) wildflower growing by the
woodshed, and my book is not helping. Is there any place I can post a
picture and have some expert tell me what the flower is?
Old 15-06-2005, 12:09 AM
David Bockman

donald girod wrote in
:

I have found an unfamiliar (and very pretty) wildflower growing by the
woodshed, and my book is not helping. Is there any place I can post a
picture and have some expert tell me what the flower is?

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 15-06-2005, 03:30 AM
donald girod

David Bockman wrote:
donald girod wrote in
:

I have found an unfamiliar (and very pretty) wildflower growing by the
woodshed, and my book is not helping. Is there any place I can post a
picture and have some expert tell me what the flower is?

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Thank you very much. That is just what I need.
Old 15-06-2005, 03:55 AM
Snooze

"donald girod" wrote in message
I have found an unfamiliar (and very pretty) wildflower growing by the
woodshed, and my book is not helping. Is there any place I can post a
picture and have some expert tell me what the flower is?

Posting images on usenet with the hopes that someone will view it and be
able to identify it isn't very effective. It's far more effective to take a
picture of it, making sure you get a picture of the flower and the leaves
then upload the image to one of the many free webservers.

Then you can post a link to that image in almost any newsgroup you want.

-S

Old 15-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Travis

Snooze wrote:
"donald girod" wrote in message
I have found an unfamiliar (and very pretty) wildflower growing by
the woodshed, and my book is not helping. Is there any place I
can post a picture and have some expert tell me what the flower is?

Posting images on usenet with the hopes that someone will view it
and be able to identify it isn't very effective. It's far more
effective to take a picture of it, making sure you get a picture of
the flower and the leaves then upload the image to one of the many
free webservers.
Then you can post a link to that image in almost any newsgroup you
want.
-S

As long as CV is alive it will be identified. So post the pic to
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 15-06-2005, 05:34 PM
raycruzer

Just curious what book are you referring to and what state are you in?

There are a number of free online weed and plant ID lists for each
state that could help you in your wildflower ID quest. A good list for
each state can be found at the EWIRM website.

Ray
EWIRM: Nature makes plants, humans make weeds!

[IMG] code is On

Wildflower ID? cupra United Kingdom 35 04-04-2009 10:09 PM
Planting wildflower seeds animaux Texas 9 03-11-2003 03:02 AM
Spring Plant Sale and Gardening Festival at the Wildflower Center Jason Spangler Texas 0 03-04-2003 05:20 AM
Arizona: wildflower vs weed ID help please Tsu Dho Nimh Gardening 0 28-03-2003 03:08 AM
Wildflower Identification Needed Inyo Gardening 3 29-01-2003 08:01 PM