Old 17-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Martin

Default Lawn advice needed.

Installation of a walkway left us with a messed up lawn and we want to try
to repair it right away. We realize that this is not the best time to put
in new grass or overseed here in southern New England, but perhaps there
are strains of grass that could be coaxed to grow despite the summer
temperatures here. It's a partly shaded area getting about 4-5 hours of
direct sun during the day.

Would appreciate suggestions regarding types/mixtures of grass that anyone
has had luck with under these conditions.

Old 17-06-2005, 10:27 PM
William Wagner

In article , "Martin"
wrote:

Installation of a walkway left us with a messed up lawn and we want to try
to repair it right away. We realize that this is not the best time to put
in new grass or overseed here in southern New England, but perhaps there
are strains of grass that could be coaxed to grow despite the summer
temperatures here. It's a partly shaded area getting about 4-5 hours of
direct sun during the day.

Would appreciate suggestions regarding types/mixtures of grass that anyone
has had luck with under these conditions.

Consider a small patch of ground cover along your walk. . Adds interest
and no need to cut.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 in a Japanese Jungle manner.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted (© ) material the use of

Old 17-06-2005, 11:53 PM

If you can keep it watered it is no problem.
Don't let the seedbed dry out.
Do yourself a favor and do a pH test and ammend the soil.
CT master gardener

Old 18-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:23:28 -0400, Martin wrote:
Installation of a walkway left us with a messed up lawn and we want to try
to repair it right away. We realize that this is not the best time to put
in new grass or overseed here in southern New England, but perhaps there
are strains of grass that could be coaxed to grow despite the summer
temperatures here. It's a partly shaded area getting about 4-5 hours of
direct sun during the day.

What's the current soil temperature an inch or so down, at night and during
the hottest part of the day?

[IMG] code is On

Reseeding Patchy Lawn - Advice Needed David Gibson United Kingdom 8 24-05-2004 12:09 AM
Lawn Advice Needed Novaa Australia 2 17-03-2004 04:10 AM
Ridding my lawn of Clover - Advice needed Tom Newton Lawns 3 29-08-2003 06:02 AM
Advice needed - new sod lawn dying in random patches Bob S. Gardening 0 19-05-2003 06:20 PM
Lawn and hard clay ground? Advice needed! MT Australia 5 05-04-2003 06:34 AM