Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Rob Mills

"SVTKate" wrote in message
link.net...

(really am blonde too!)

No problem, I understand, been married to one for 44 years. :-)

Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 AM
Rob Mills

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message

but it would suck if you lose a tree which is shading hostas during
high summer.

That's where we stand right now, they just cut down the oak and she has a
huge amount of Hosta under it. I suspect we will have to transplant it
someplace else until we can get the stump ground out and something else
(probably the CP) planted. I may have to get one of those canvas canopy's to
use during the real hot part of the summer.
Tulsa's climate is quite similar to that of Dallas's.
Thanks, RM ~

Old 04-07-2005, 04:51 AM
Rob Mills

"SVTKate" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Victoria - strawberry blonde, natural.

My war dept gets naturalized every 4 to 5 weeks. :-(

Old 04-07-2005, 05:50 AM
Rob Mills

"B & J" wrote in message

We planted a 4' Chinese pistache four years ago, and it's doing well in
zone 6, northern AR.

If they can make it over there it can surely make it here.
Before I retired I drove an 18 wheeler for Sears, used to run from Tulsa to
NW Ark and SW Missouri 5 nights a week. I still have nightmares about those
old roads with about an inch of pure ice on them, Boston Mountain was a real
thriller. We drove over there a few weeks ago to eat at AQ Chicken House,
couldn't believe the difference in the roads, they took all the sport out of
driving over there, Guess Dan P Holmes got his wishes. RM~

Old 04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Bourne Identity

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:10:14 GMT, "SVTKate"
wrote:

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
.. .
: No problem. Chinaberry is a very noxious weed, so your heart was in
: the right place. That's why I asked you.
:
: Victoria - strawberry blonde, natural.
:

Huh.. me too.. same thing.
Only now getting some greys sneeking in there.

Beats highlights I suppose LOL

No grey yet. Fortunately, when my mom started getting them, they were
the pretty silvery color. So, at 50 I'm expecting to have them any
moment.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Bourne Identity

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:30:05 -0500, "B & J"
wrote:

We planted a 4' Chinese pistache four years ago, and it's doing well in zone
6, northern AR. It's already about 12' tall and has showed no sign of winter
damage. Before we purchased it to replace a huge oak that died, we did quite
a bit of research and found that it will do well through zone 5. The
suggestion was made to purchase the tree after frost in the fall to
determine fall leaf color, which varies from yellow through bright red and
all the shades between..

It is remarkably disease and insect free although it is susceptible to Texas
root rot.

JPS

What is "Texas" root rot?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Bourne Identity

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:46:06 -0500, "Rob Mills"
wrote:

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
.. .

but it would suck if you lose a tree which is shading hostas during
high summer.

That's where we stand right now, they just cut down the oak and she has a
huge amount of Hosta under it. I suspect we will have to transplant it
someplace else until we can get the stump ground out and something else
(probably the CP) planted. I may have to get one of those canvas canopy's to
use during the real hot part of the summer.
Tulsa's climate is quite similar to that of Dallas's.
Thanks, RM ~

You can buy shade cloth at Lowes or the Depot and make something to
shade them. Or, if you wait all those tent canopy things will all be
on clearance.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:28 AM
B & J

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
It is remarkably disease and insect free although it is susceptible to
Texas
root rot.

JPS

What is "Texas" root rot?

Check out this site. It gives a good explanation.

http://www.forestpests.org/ash/txsrtrot.html

JPS

[IMG] code is On

pistachio shells Adam Funk[_3_] United Kingdom 9 17-08-2011 06:39 PM
Pistachio Steve Wolstenholme United Kingdom 1 19-06-2007 04:37 PM
Chinese pistachio Cindy Texas 4 09-04-2005 05:52 AM
Pistachio tree Smeckler United Kingdom 1 23-04-2003 03:12 PM
[IBC] Fw: pistachio Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-04-2003 04:08 PM