Old 09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
BillC

Default Tree root question

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Old 09-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Norminn

BillC wrote:
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

These might help:

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Pages/tree/roots.html
http://www3.sympatico.ca/galetta/tab...greentree.html

Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Derryl

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 16:33:13 GMT, "BillC"
wrote:

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill

The roots are not invasive with Picea pungens and Juniperus
virginiana.

Derryl Killan

Horticulturalist

Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 PM
BillC

wrote:

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid
problems
with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado
Blue
Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill

The roots are not invasive with Picea pungens and Juniperus
virginiana.

Does that mean no problem in either case?

Derryl Killan

Horticulturalist

Old 10-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Berkshire Bill

"BillC" wrote in message
nk.net...
How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid
problems with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado
Blue Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

I would use the adult height of the tree as a minimum. I don't like to take
chances with septic fields.

Berkshire Bill

[IMG] code is On

Dig up tree root from large Cedar tree without Killing Tree? Albert[_4_] Gardening 8 12-08-2008 01:37 PM
Tree Root Question David Gardening 4 15-06-2006 04:48 PM
New root from an external root? Mike Orchids 10 01-01-2005 07:34 PM
[IBC] Crasulla - Jade - To root prune or not to root prune Corcoran. Bil Bonsai 0 29-04-2003 01:32 AM
bare root question Jane Roses 6 19-03-2003 01:56 AM