Old 12-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Is pineapple a fruit?

They are small shiny black bits, the hulls of infertile wannnabe seeds. If
you find a nice plump one, plant it and see if anything comes up.

Janet Price wrote in message
When I peel pineapples I often find small shiny black bits that look
like seeds. They're about the size of a sesame seed. If these aren't
seeds, what are they?
--
Janet Price

Old 13-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

As I responded before, I have 3 growing in my basement from those black
bits. Kind of elongated right? I have six inch pineapple plants and my
FIL has "much" larger ones from seeds I gave him (he lives in a very warm
apartment) . I am going to work on his to see if we can get them to set
fruit this year. Good old Del Monte golden pineapple!!!

.com...

Old 13-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Kind of elongated, right? As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I have three
and I gave my FIL 2 pineapple plants I started from the good old golden
DelMonte pineapple seeds. This year we plan to try and help them set seed.
Wish us luck

Sally
.com...

Old 14-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Françoise

Where is your sense of humour? You could not see I was joking?

Fran=E7oise.

Cereoid+10+ wrote:

Still waiting for you to tell your joke, Frenchie!

Why do you think a fruit needs to have seeds to be a fruit? Botanically=

, a
fruit is the structure that develops after the flowers fade, regardless=

of
whether they contain seeds or not.

Fran=E7oise wrote in message
To day, I ate an orange without seed. Then it was not a fruit? It taste=

more or less the same as the one I ate 2
weeks ago. This one was a fruit since it had seeds in it. :-)

I feel silly. I feel as joking to night.

Fran=E7oise.

Ted Shoemaker wrote:

(Ted Shoemaker) wrote in message

. com...
Is pineapple a fruit?

[IMG] code is On

Pineapple questions Ray Drouillard Edible Gardening 36 18-02-2004 10:08 PM
My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!! Mark Anderson Gardening 12 07-11-2003 09:42 PM
Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) hhhouse Gardening 1 11-10-2003 11:42 PM
Pineapple James Mayer Edible Gardening 0 17-09-2003 01:42 AM
Pineapple? JNJ Gardening 15 12-04-2003 02:32 AM